King Stropharia (Wine Cap) Grain Spawn - UK
The King Stropharia mushroom produces large meaty fruitbodies with a firm texture, and beautiful red cap.
Also known as the Wine Cap mushroom, it can grow very large in size, although is best when harvested young with the cap still curved over and soon after the veil breaks.
This spawn pack includes:
- 2.8kg of quality King Stropharia mushroom grain spawn
- 20 x Mushroom cultivation bags (can hold 1.5-2 kg substrate per bag)
Difficulty: Easy - Medium
King Stropharia can be grown on shredded straw indoors under controlled growing conditions in bags of beds.
It is also a great variety to grow outside in outdoor mushroom beds made of woodchip or straw.
See our guide on growing outside in woodchip beds for more info.
- pasteurised shredded straw (indoor cultivation)
- fresh wood chips or shredded straw (outdoor cultivation)
Growing Parameters (indoor):
- Incubation: 20 - 24C, 14 - 21 days
- Fruiting: 12 - 21C, 85 - 95% R.H, <1000ppm CO2
Harvest: 5 - 10 days after pinning, 2 crops
Growing Parameters (outdoors):
- Incubation: spring & summer, 4 - 16 weeks
- Fruiting: spring, summer, autumn after rain or frequent watering
- Harvest: 5 - 10 days after pinning, multiple crops
Who Is This For?
This is for anyone who wants to get involved a step further than our super simple GroCycle Kits.
With this spawn pack, you can do the whole process yourself, inoculating a bulk load (around 30-40kg) of pasteurised straw or sterilised supplemented sawdust.
There are no instructions; you'll need to already know how to grow mushrooms.
If you don't know how to grow mushrooms and you want to learn, then either:
A good place to start is with our Ultimate Guide On How To Grow Mushrooms
Note: The spawn contained in this pack is alive and should be used within 1 week of receiving, or can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Free 2-3 day delivery (UK Only)